Thursday, June 7, 2012

::::|| VU ||:::: Anatomy of a Job Interview

Graduation time is just around the corner, and the local news is rampant with stories about college graduates who do not have a job. In my opinion, there are just too many people in the world and we need some form of population control to keep the job market strong. The earth does have a finite capacity, and we seem to forget about that. I was fortunate enough to land a job starting right out of college, but I know plenty of others not as lucky as me. Even landing interviews can be a tough process, luckily today's infographic will help you secure the job after getting the interview.

From my recent experiences, the best advice I can give is to be confident and genuine. While pretending to be a super perfect hot shot might get you a job, it may not get you the right job. Being honest with yourself and with the interviewer is the best way to ensure that the job you are applying for is a good fit. If at any point weaknesses are brought up, don't be afraid to share them, but also give points as to how you are working on them. Interviewers love to see self-awareness.

Hopefully you're not unemployed and panicking about the future. If you are, just take my good friend's advice. Although I agree that what's on the inside counts, it never hurts to look damn fine on the outside, so always suit up. [Via]
 


--
Sent from my iPhone

--
For study materials, past papers and assignments,
Join VU School at www.vuscool.com
 
Facebook Group link
http://www.facebook.com/groups/vuCoooL
 
CoooL Virtual University Students Google Group.
To post to this group, send email to coool_vu_students@googlegroups.com
 
home page
http://groups.google.com/group/coool_vu_students?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment